"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
José N. Harris

tisdag 5 juni 2012

Tillsammans*** Together


 Tillsammans i en enda röra. En röra av bröstcancer och numera endast ett bröst på fyra kvinnor. Cancern förde oss visserligen samman men den är absolut inte den starkaste gemensamma nämnaren längre. Det är humorn, den riktigt sjuka humorn. Vi är som en hemlig klubb man hade när man var liten. Här kan jag vara mig själv, tillåta mig att inte vara så stark, att gråta så tårarna sprutar. För här är klubben där alla förstår stela leder, värk i kroppen, cellgiftshjärna lååångt efter avslutad behandling- där alla orkar fortsätta lyssna på varandras ältande och rädslor när världen utanför för längesedan har tröttnat.
***
Together. A mess of breast cancer diagnosis and these days only one remaining breast in four beautiful women. The cancer joined us together but it isn't the strongest glue in this unit any more. I would say it is our humor- our really, really sick humor. You can compare us with an early childhood secret club.
In this club I am allowed to be me, I don't have to be strong all the time, I can cry until I have no more tears. The club members fully understand what it is like to live with joint/ body ache and chemo brain loooong after the treatment has ended. We are good listeners to each other's dwelling and fears- because the world outside are tired of such matters and moved on a long time ago.

 

Vi hade underbara två dagar i Båstad. Livet är så gott att leva. Naturen läker och jag älskar blommor, träd, blad och att fotografera dess prakt. Jag har skrattat så att magen värker, sjungit sånger om lösbröst och haft kast med liten och stor bröstprotes. Elisabet, Viktoria och Ingrid- ni är helt knäppa! ;-)
Just därför älskar jag er av hela mitt hjärta.
***
We had two wonderful days in Båstad. Life is good and it is wonderful to be alive. The nature heals and I love flowers, trees, leaves and to photograph their grandeur. I have laughed so much that my stomach still aches, we've been singing about fake boobs and have tried a game of "throwing small and big breast prosthesis". Elisabet, Viktoria and Ingrid- you are completely nuts! ;-)
And for that I love you!


Jag vill avsluta dagens inlägg med en tanke till Sophie som kämpade tappert mot bröstcancern men som tyvärr var tvungen att släppa taget för någon vecka sedan. Personligen orkade jag inte följa hennes blogg mer när återfallet kom, vi har samma typ av cancer. 
 Det är precis detta som jag fruktar, med att vara i remission från cancern-
 ångesten jag försöker bemästra varje dag.
Jag har på ett sätt förlikat mig med döden, oavsett om den kommer nu eller om 50 år
 men jag vill ju vara kvar på jorden och få se Max växa upp!! 
Snälla någon, det är det enda jag begär!!!!!
***
I would like to end today's blog entry with a thought towards a young woman, Sophie that fought so hard to beat the breast cancer but last week had to let go. Personally I couldn't follow her blog after I found out about her recurrence. She had the same type of cancer as I do.
This is exactly what it is I fear, while in remission from my cancer- the anxiety I try to master daily. 
I have had to reconcile the thought of dying, no matter if it happens now or in 50 years-
 but I want to be here on earth to follow my child into the adult years!!
Please, that is all I ask!!


1 kommentar:

Viktoria sa...

Underbara du!

Gillar din beskrivning "vi är som en hemlig klubb man hade när man var liten". För det är ju så det är. Och så det känns.

Puss