"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
José N. Harris

måndag 21 maj 2012

100 ml*** 3,38 oz

Sårvätska, i mitt icke bröst som fick tömmas ut idag. Urk.  Jag tänkte ignorera det trots smärtan (orkade inte ta mig in till Sahlgrenska, är hyfsat trött på det stället) men som Per sade:
"Annika, det ser ut som om det växer ut ett bröst på dig och mig veterligen skulle det inte göra det".
Han brukar ha rätt, min käre man. ;-) Så tömning fick det bli.
Jag satt där på britsen, såg den stora nålen och tänkte "Jösses, vad härdad jag har blivit". Är det bra eller dåligt?
Nåja den mest ihållande smärtan försvann ut med 100 ml vätska. Jag fick behålla den vanliga smärtan. Har väldigt ont denna gången. Eller så var jag för chockad sist för att känna efter- borde gjort mer ont då eftersom det var en större operation, (bröst och armhåla).
Saknar jag mitt bröst? Nej, saknar det gör jag inte men jag är ledsen och förbannad över cancern i allmänhet, på mina egna och andras vägnar. Naturligtvis hade jag ju gärna haft båda brösten kvar!
Jag är fortfarande lättad över att hotet är borta. Men däremot kommer alla tankar nu när man vet att bröstet analyseras hos patologen. Tänk om de hittar något?... Suck Dessa tankar- försvinn!
Dock är det är väldigt skönt att vara symmetrisk igen. Och att inte behöva bära en BH som skaver. ;-)
***
Fluid in my "non" breast. Had to empty it out at the hospital today. Gross. I intended to ignore the fluid despite the pain it gave (I am just so tired of medical treatments. Didn't want to go) but Per informed me: "Annika, it looks like you are growing a new breast. And as far as I know that wasn't one of the benefits from this surgery." Hm, he is usually right, my dear husband. ;-) I had no choice but to drive to the city and the main hospital, Sahlgrenska.
I sat there on the bunk and stared at the big needle and thought " Wow, I've just gotten extremely used to all this". Is that good or bad?
Well, the most intense pain disappeared with the 3,38oz of fluid. I got to keep the rest of the pain. I don't understand why I am in such pain this time. Or maybe the chock last time made me just not feel much at all.
Do I miss the breast? No, not at all. However, I am sad over the cancer in general, what it has done to me and what it is dong to others. If I had had a choice I would have loved to keep both of my breasts!
I am still very relieved that the threat is gone. I don't like the spinning thoughts about what the pathologist might find in the removed breast... Evil thoughts, just go away!
I do enjoy being symmetrical. It is a very nice feeling. And the fact that I don't need to wear a bra that rubs- is nice as well.

Inga kommentarer: