"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
José N. Harris

tisdag 21 september 2010

Verklighetsbesök***A Real World Visit

Åh, en hel dag i verkligheten! Besökte jobbet, de hade studiedag idag med besök av vår härliga konsult från London. Så gott att träffa alla! Jag bidrog tom med ett par, enligt mig intelligenta inlägg på kursen ;)) Tog en promenad i kvarteret runt min arbetsplats. För första gången gick jag sakta på trottoaren och tittade upp på husen, bort från gatans stress och brus. Jag studerade arkitekturen och fascinerades av dess förmåga att andas historia och svunna tider. Mindes mitt favoritämne i gymnasiet, Kulturkunskap.
I det kvarteret finns också min frisör. Henne har jag inte pratat med sedan den lördagen i januari då Max blev sjuk. Jag ringde henne för att avboka min tid den förmiddagen, jag bara skrek och grät i luren, fick knappt fram ett ord. Stackars henne! Det var ett gott återseende. Kramar, tårar och naturligtvis framtida frisyrplaner.
Avslutningsvis, ett besök i den supermysiga barnbokhandlen som utgör kvarterets hjärta. Där brukade jag spendera många lunchraster och tjejerna som äger den är så goa. Man blir så glad av att gå in där!
Besök i verkligheten är tröttande, men roligt!***
An entire day in the real world! I visited work during their study day today. Our lovely consultant from London held the course. Great to see everyone! I even contributed with a few fairly intelligent (?) comments. ;)) I took a walk in the neighbourhood close to work. For the first time ever I walked slowly on the pavement, stopped and looked up on the buildings- away from the cars and the noise in the street. I studied the architecture and was fascinated by it's historical story to tell and reminder of ancient times. It brought back memories from my favourite subject in high school, "The Knowledge of Historical Influence On Culture".
In this neighbourhood you'll also find my hairdresser. I haven't spoken to her since that Saturday in January when Max got ill. I called her to cancel my appointment I had that same day, but I just screamed and cried, could barely talk. Poor woman! It was a wonderful reunion. We laughed, cried and discussed future hair styles.
The adventure ended in the heart of the neighbourhood- a cosy children's book store. I used to spend many of my lunch breaks there and the owners are two amazing women. You become so happy when you enter their shop!
A real world visit is tiring, but totally worth it!

Inga kommentarer: