"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
José N. Harris

söndag 14 mars 2010

Besök från Mr. Ångest***A visit from Mr. Anxiety

Jaha, så kom han då inatt igen, Mr. Ångest. Vi kontrollerar ju Max blodsocker mitt i natten och efter 03:30 kontrollen kan jag nu inte somna om. De vanliga symptomen för mig på cellgiftsbehandling är tillbaka: illamående, kan inte äta så bra, torra slemhinnor framförallt i munnen, frossa och en hjärna som inte kan fokusera ens på att sova. När tankarna far i mörkret passar naturligtvis Herr Ångest på att dyka upp. Han är slug. Han har med sig fru Cancer och tankar om förlupna cancerceller, behandlingar som inte hjälper och framtida återfall. Vis från förra gångens erfarenhet av nattlig ångest bestämmer jag mig för att gå upp ur sängen direkt och tvinga ner ett knäckebröd, sätta på datorn, surfa om Melodifestivalen finalen, skriva blogg. Herr Ångest grepp avtar så sakta nu, jag börjar visualisera Prinsessan Lea igen, kriget som hon och jag ska vinna. Går tillbaka och läser i bloggen om hur bra det fungerade i torsdags. Ja, just det- vi håller ju på att döda cancerceller, det är därför jag mår så här! Jag är ju Annika- en canceröverlevare!! Nu tänker jag sitta här och läsa inredningstidningar om kök tills Herr Ångest och Fru Cancer är helt försvunna och jag blir sömnig!!******************************
Ok, he came tonight again, Mr. Anxiety. We are up every night to check Max's blood sugar at 3:30am and it is after the check just now I can't go back to sleep. My usual chemo sympthoms are back: nauseous, can't eat, dry mucous membranes especially in my mouth, shivering and a brain that can't focus even on sleep. Mr. Anxiety makes sure he checks in when my thoughts are flying around in the darkness. He is sly. His female company is Mrs. Cancer and her thoughts about smart cancer cells that are hiding, treatments that don't work and future relapses. Wise from the experience of the last time I had an anxiety attack during the night I get up out of bed, force myself to eat a cracker, start the computer, surf and read about the Swedish Eurovision Song Contest final winner and write my blog. The grip Mr Anxiety has on me slowly is letting go now. I am visualising about Princess Lea again, the war she and I are going to win. I read my blog from this past Thursday, remind myself of how the visualisation really worked. Ah, exactly- we are under the process of killing cancer cells, that is why I feel this way! Hey, I am Annika- a cancer survivor!! Now, I am going to sit here and read my interior magazines about kitchens until Mr. Anxiety and Mrs. Cancer completely disappear and I get sleepy!

1 kommentar:

Nevada sa...

Who knew that Melodifestivalen and those inrednings magazines were brave cancer fighters?! Great that you've found a way to focus your mind away from the anxiety.