"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
José N. Harris

fredag 14 maj 2010

Behandling***Treatment

Det är fascinerande hur fort giftet verkar i kroppen. Bild nr 1 är precis innan, bild nr 2 är under pågående behandling ca 15 min efter start och jag är redan däckad och bild nr 3 är Max bild av sin mamma. En bild som värmer. En yrkesskicklighet jag besitter som förskollärare är att läsa av barns teckningar, speciellt barn som har det svårt eller inte mår bra. Denna bild talar om för mig att mitt barn ser mig som glad, medicinen hjälper bröstet (som ju är/var sjukt), därför har han valt att dra slangen dit och dessutom har han fått med detaljerna att jag bar kjol idag, inget hår har, att mina ögon är blåa. Medicinen är exakt avbildad! Från dropp-påsar till ställning. Ett barn som faktiskt mår bra mitt i tragiken. Jag och hans psykolog är överens. =)
Min cellgiftsdos är minskad eftersom jag fick så många biverkningar förra gången- det påverkar dock inte cancerdödareffekten. Att reagera starkt på cellgiftet är bra, när celler (även de bra) slås ut är det ju ett bevis på att det fungerar. Jag har dessutom fått starkare smärtlindring. Timme för timme nu kan jag känna giftet verka: Händerna torra som fnöske, naglarna har fått bruna fläckar, trött, en dimma har lagt sig över hjärnan och jag börjar få led/muskelvärk. Jag kan ta det, bara det dödar Fru cancer och hennes medhjälpare!***
It is fascinating how quickly the poison travels into the body.Photo nr 1 is minutes before the treatment, photo nr 2 is during the treatment aprox 15 mins after it began and I am already knocked out and photo nr 3 is Max's drawing of his mummy. A drawing that makes me feel relieved. One of my skills as a preschool teacher is to interpret children's drawings, especially children not feeling well for one reason or the other. This drawing tells me that my child views me as a happy and smiling person, the chemo helps my breast (that was ill)- that's why the tube goes to the breast not to the arm, and he drew the details of me in a skirt, I have no hair and my eyes are blue. The chemo bags are drawn exactly how they looked! This is a child that feels good even though he is in the middle of a very tragic situation. I agree with his psychologist. =)
My chemo dose is lowered since I got so many side effects last time- however it will not affect the ability to kill the cancer cells. To react strongly on the chemo is good, when normal cells die it is a sign that the chemo works. I have recieved stronger pain killers as well. Hour by hour now I can feel the poison invade my body: extremely dry hands, brown spots on my nails, tired, a fog cloud over my brain and the joint/ muscle pain creeps in. I can handle it as long as I know it kills Mrs Cancer and her assistant cells!











1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

Min kommentar försvann visst i cyberspace.... Repris ur minnet:

Det var en härlig teckning av en fantastiskt duktig pojke!!
Dagens citat tillägnas hela familjen K för er förmåga att göra "vanlig" vardag under extremt ovanliga omständigheter - håll fast vid ert mod och er kämpaglöd :-)

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: 'I will try again tomorrow." (Mary Ann Radmacher)